- True-dtac can access network roaming cover all 77 provinces with 5G, 4G, and WiFi
- Seamless connectivity for subscribers travelling north, south, and northeast of Thailand
April 11, 2023 – True Corporation is gearing up its 5G, 4G, and WiFi coverage to ensure uninterrupted digital experiences for True and dtac customers throughout the Songkran festival holidays in Thailand. The network team is working tirelessly to ensure the best possible network coverage for people travelling across the country to reunite with elderly family members, participate in traditional merit-making activities, and enjoy splashing water with friends and neighbors.
Mr. Prathet Tankuranun, Chief Technology Officer, True Corporation PLC, says, “We are committed to delivering the best digital experiences for our True Move H and dtac customers throughout the year, including during annual holidays such as the upcoming Songkran festival or Thai New Year when usage is expected to surge. Our network is ready to serve all our subscribers’ expectations during these peak times. To ensure seamless service, we have enabled cross-carrier roaming between True and dtac 5G and 4G networks covering all 77 provinces of Thailand well ahead of the Songkran festival. This gives True and dtac subscribers confidence our services after the amalgamation will be better. Moreover, we deploy additional personnel to inspect network quality in major tourist hotspots to ensure that our customers have the best possible digital experience.”
True Corporation is optimizing its networks in five key areas to ensure reliable connectivity during the Songkran festival.
- Popular destinations including tourist attractions and places of worship.
- Songkran water splashing events.
- Transport hubs including airports, bus and train stations.
- Major regional highways.
- Popular highway service areas.
To support True and dtac customers during the Songkran festival, several solutions have been put in place, including:
- Expanding True-dtac roaming across all 77 provinces to ensure seamless connectivity throughout Thailand.
- Deploying Cell On Wheels (COW) at popular destinations and attractions to boost network coverage and capacity.
- Setting up temporary sites in popular tourist attractions and major tourist events to provide additional network support.
- Optimizing event parameters for base stations to handle peak usage during the festival.
- Establishing a 24/7 “War Room” to efficiently manage and handle peak network usage, ensuring uninterrupted service for customers.
In today’s modern lifestyle, high-speed internet connectivity via 5G, 4G, and WiFi has become the norm. During the Songkran holiday, which is one of the peak usage periods of the year, people rely heavily on their smartphones for a range of activities, including navigation, traffic updates, information about places to visit, recommendations for food and drink, fuel stops, and even air quality updates.
In addition to the enhanced connectivity on 5G, 4G, and WiFi networks across Thailand, True Corporation is also committed to providing excellent customer service. dtac and True call centers are staffed with dedicated professionals who are well-prepared and eager to assist subscribers 24/7 with any concerns, including emergency situations. True subscribers can contact the True Move H Care team by dialing 1242, while dtac subscribers can reach out to the dtac Call Center at 1678.
True subscribers travelling overseas during this festive period can contact True Hotline at +66 9 9998 1242 and dtac subscribers at +66 222 8100, both of which are free of charge.
#WonderfulSummerWithTrue #HappierTogether #TRUE5G #TrueXdtacBetterTogether #dtac #dtac5G #True