- Staffing resources from dtac helps patients and clinicians stay connected via remote healthcare service Siriraj Connect and avoid COVID-19 infection
- Enhanced management system allows patients to get easier access to medical advice
May 1, 2020 – As part of its “dtac fights back against COVID-19” project, dtac is providing in-kind support to Siriraj Hospital by bringing its expertise of customer care to connect clinicians and patients via the “Siriraj Connect” mobile app. dtac’s support includes both staffing resources and connectivity services – SMS, MMS and IVR (Interactive Voice Response) or automated telephony technology – to benefit Siriraj Hospital’s telehealth program to monitor and prevent the spread of COVID-19. In addition, the app alleviates the need for some patients to visit the hospital, benefiting social distancing and supporting medical personnel at a time of stretched resources.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Visit Vamvanij, Director of Siriraj Hospital, said, “The spread of the COVID-19 pandemic had an immense impact on various sectors, particularly medical and public health services. Providing the usual public health services during the current crisis is a key mission for Siriraj Hospital. This is why we developed “Siriraj Connect”, a telemedicine solution, providing a range of medical services via online consultation to drug delivery by postal service. There are three simple processes – preparation, online consultation, payment and drug delivery. Qualified patients to use Siriraj Telemedicine Service must hold a medical record with chronic symptoms at Siriraj Hospital.”
“The Siriraj Connect application has a range of features including appointment, medical records, referral, payment, drug information and mapping system. Patients are worry-free from coronavirus infections and transmission, particularly for the elderly. People should practice social distancing and stay at home during this unprecedented time,” he added.
For more information and instructions on the app, watch https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6s-T7CLTxlJOB4Sc-1Bodg or call 02 414 2000 ext. 1 or consult the FAQ.
Sharad Mehrotra, chief executive officer at Total Access Communication PLC or dtac, said: “dtac strongly believes mobile technology can help us win the fight against COVID-19. Siriraj Hospital’s mobile app can reduce physical contacts at the hospital and limit the spread of the virus. Through our call center and connectivity services, thousands of hospital patients will be encouraged and instructed on using the Siriraj Connect application whenever they want to seek medical advice.”
dtac is now ramping up capacity to ensure Siriraj Hospital patients are both notified of the app’s existence and supported in using it. Using the app, dtac call center agents will help patients connect to medical staff without necessarily having to visit the hospital.
“dtac fights back against COVID-19” supports the Siriraj Connect app with three key measures:
- The dtac call center team, who have extensive experience supporting millions of customers on the use of mobile connectivity solutions, will provide patients with technical support on using the app. All contact calls to Siriraj call center regarding the Siriraj Connect app usage will be diverted to dtac call center.
- Up to 1,000 messages will be distributed via SMS and MMS to Siriraj Hospital patients with chronic diseases, encouraging them to install the Siriraj Connect app.
- The automated telephony system technology or IVR (Interactive Voice Response) provided by dtac provides further app installation and usage instructions.
In addition, dtac is closely monitoring network performance at Siriraj Hospital and conducting on-site network optimization when needed. Siriraj Hospital is vital to the treatment of both general and COVID-19 infected patients. Connectivity there plays an integral role in ensuring doctors and healthcare workers can work together effectively.