April 20, 2020 – dtac, in collaboration with NBTC, offers free 100-minute voice call plan for 45-day usage. This is to continue dtac’s efforts in ensuring the company’s 20.6 million customers can stay connected when they need it most during this unprecedented crisis.
How Lih Ren, Chief Marketing Officer at Total Access Communication Plc or dtac, said: “dtac is pleased to join the efforts in easing the financial burden of Thai people affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. In addition to this latest industry initiative, we’ve also lowered current price plans and increased the value of both prepaid and postpaid packages to benefit a wide range of customers, from students to small business owners, families or persons working from home”
“In addition, our network teams are working 24/7 to boost the network capacity three times nationwide, with a focus on new high-traffic areas, such as hospitals and residential areas with numerous customers now working from home. At dtac, our promise to connect customers to what matters most is more critical than ever.”
dtac customers can easily apply to the new offer of free 100-minute voice call service via USSD *170* followed by ID number, and press # before dialing. The measure will be available starting from May 1st to May 15th 2020. Details of eligibility criteria will be communicated to dtac customers via multi-communication platforms.
In the COVID-19 outbreak, dtac has recently released a variety of price plans to address different types of Internet usage as follows;
1. Offers for 20.6 million prepaid and postpaid customers under the “Happy@Home” campaign:
- Free unlimited high-speed Internet when using productivity and video conferencing apps from the Microsoft Office 365 suite and Zoom for 90 days.
- Free 10GB high-speed Internet allowance for Thai citizens starting from April 10, as per the conditions stipulated by the NBTC.
- For prepaid customers, we have on-going “Refill Gets Double” campaign where customers will get 100% bonus when top up a minimum of 100THB via dtac App, dtac Web and mobile banking before 30 Apr 2020.
- Customized Internet solutions for students practicing distance learning. In addition to our network support to many universities across Thailand, and in collaboration with our industry partners, dtac also offers students an unlimited speed Internet package of 4Mbps with no speed reduction for only 400 baht for three months.
- Special privileges from dtac reward every Friday, offering discounted rates for food delivery via foodpanda and GET.
- Free COVID-19 insurance with maximum coverage of 255,000 baht for prepaid and postpaid customers who apply for an add-on Internet package.
- 24-hour free calls to 1669 National Institute for Emergency Medicine and 1422 Department of Disease Control.
2. Special price plan to support online learning for student and lecturer customers: In collaboration with universities and academic institutes nationwide, dtac delivers high-speed Internet solutions to enable over 10 million educational staff, teachers and students to remain connected to one another and to access online learning platforms smoothly and efficiently. specifically-designed 3 month package with unlimited data and speed of 4Mbp which costs only 400 baht.
3. Business Survival Solutions specifically designed for small and medium business, and corporate customers to significantly save their costs but continue their business operations. Consulting over 700 people across nearly 50 businesses on their top needs during the COVID-19 crisis, what emerged is that smaller businesses are particularly unprepared for stable, effective work from home solutions. dtac is responding with new Business Survival Solutions to address these concerns, providing employees with stable Internet connections for effective remote work, such as video conferencing.