December 27, 2021 – With the New Year holiday upon us, and travel regulations continuing to evolve, dtac stands ready to support high volumes of domestic movement and changing travel plans. dtac has implemented increased network capacity by deploying additional mobile base stations at strategic locations and expanded its 24/7 rapid response team to support users as they travel, gather with loved ones and welcome a new year together.
Mr. Prathet Tankuranun, Chief Technology Officer at Total Access Communication PLC or dtac, said, “Our key company strategy has always been to offer a network with great usability and value, along with excellent customer-centric service. We have continuously expanded our coverage for an unparalleled user experience. For our 700 MHz network, we have added over 12,000 base stations across Thailand. Continual improvements such as these prepare us to tackle the New Year peak usage period, when numerous year-end events are scheduled, many Thai people plan to travel, and many changes in itineraries can be expected. dtac is ready to offer superlative mobile service to ensure our customers stay connected with loved ones, execute long-awaited reunions, and stay flexible where changing travel regulations require.”
dtac’s 5 Strategies for Superlative User Experience this New Year Season
- Countdown venues – dtac’s network, marketing, and sales teams have identified popular countdown events and festive shopping areas in key provinces to design appropriate network support plans and deploy mobile base stations where needed. In Bangkok, these “hot spots” include Central World, Icon Siam, Siam Paragon, MegaBangNa, Asiatique, The Riverfront, and Seacon Square. Dozens of venues across Thailand are also being bolstered with network upgrades.
- Transportation hubs and airports – dtac is increasing network capacity and efficiency at busy transportation hubs this festive season, in anticipation of high numbers of travelers. These key hubs include airports, train stations, and bus stations.
- Major travel routes – dtac has upgraded network capacity to support increased data traffic along major travel routes connecting different regions within the country. This move will benefit those heading to tourist destinations and to family homes in other provinces, be it via public transport or private vehicles. The most traveled routes are between Bangkok and the north and northeast, but those traveling within the central, eastern, and southern regions need not worry as dtac is bolstering its networks there too.
- Merit-making venues – There will be a rise in visitors to merit-making venues, such as temples and other religious sites, as many such places will be organizing all-night prayer services, and off-line and online merit-making ceremonies. dtac has set up network parameters to support customers participating in these activities.
- Reinforced 24/7 #1678 dtac Center – On top of network upgrades to support higher traffic, dtac is also preparing our call center to serve more customers 24/7. The service includes emergency requests via calls, as well as our social media channels on Facebook and Line. dtac subscribers traveling abroad can call our hotline +66 2202 8100 free of charge for any questions or support.
dtac’s ever-increasing coverage is thanks in large part to its 700 MHz network, which till date deploys over 12,000 base stations and covers 923 districts across all 77 provinces of Thailand. dtac aims for a high 4G population coverage by the end of this year, and the continued expansion of its 700 MHZ network, supporting both 4G and 5G, in the year to come.