- dtac is a leader in serving Thailand’s migrant communities from Cambodia and Myanmar.
- The operator launched online content clarifying public health measures and regulations in their respective languages.
- dtac is also providing free COVID-19 insurance with select offers, facial masks and more affordable international rates for migrants to call home.
January 6, 2021 – Total Access Communication PCL or dtac, is supporting government efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19 among migrant workers in Samut Sakhon province. dtac launched Burmese- and Cambodian-language content on dedicated Facebook pages to ensure workers under quarantine know of public health advisories and emergency regulations. In addition, dtac is bundling free COVID-19 health insurance with select offers and has distributed face masks along with care packages.
Mrs. Sukannee Lertsukwibul, Head of Prepaid at Total Access Communication PCL or dtac, said, “The rising number of positive cases in Samut Sakhon is a huge cause for concern among migrants in the province. There has been confusion over isolation and prevention measures, which we aim to resolve with the translated information channels we launched in our channels. As dtac is the most trusted operator among Cambodian and Myanmar nationals residing in Thailand, we want to help our customers stay safe, limit the spread of COVID-19 and control their expenses at a difficult time.”
The number of migrant workers testing positive for COVID-19 has been highest in Samut Sakhon. The government has imposed cluster quarantine for workers residing in apartments close to the central shrimp market – the highest contagion risk area. The Ministry of Public Health also banned travel for all migrant workers in or out of the province.
- dtac’s Burmese and Cambodian content on dedicated Facebook pages provide a reliable source of COVID-19 updates and safety guidelines to over 2 million followers.
- New mobile packages include high-speed internet and free COVID-19 insurance for 15 days with up to 30,000 Baht in coverage.
- For every top-up of 50 Baht or more, call charges to any dtac number are only 1 Baht/ hour from 06:00-18:00 Hrs. In addition, the user gets free access to LINE, Facebook, and Viber to more easily communicate with friends and relatives in their home countries.
- Special overseas call packages to Myanmar start at just 1 Baht per day with any network for 2 baht per minute by subscribing to *00400.
- Introducing additional Jai D services such as Jai D Borrow, to borrow emergency call charges and pay back when convenient, and Jai D Transfer, to transfer one own’s prepaid credit to another subscriber for calls to Myanmar.
Furthermore, dtac is showing its sincere concern and support for migrant workers facing COVID-19 impact in Samut Sakhon lockdown by donating care packages via the Mirror Foundation. The aid consists of 3,000 facial masks, 10,000 bottles of drinking water, and 3,000 sets of dried foods for over 3,000 workers.