- New SIM delivers the ultimate digital experience:
- Buy top–ups and pay bills using only the dtac app with Kasikorn Bank today
- With a simple K Check ID verification, customers can also open K–eSavings accounts at their nearest dtac Hall nationwide.
19 November 2020 – dtac together with strategic partner Kasikorn Bank is launching a new era of leveled-up prepaid services offering multifaceted benefits to users. dtac customers can open a K-eSavings account via the K PLUS at dtac Hall and receive a free Termsuk Plus SIM allowing them to buy top-ups and pay bills with the dtac app via Kasikorn Bank. These easy-to-use digital services are destined to satisfy younger users’ growing data usage in the new normal.
Meeting the Needs of Online Youth
dtac and Kasikorn Bank are responding to the specific needs of the 12- to 20-year-old segment. Kasikorn Bank is the first bank that enables youth aged 12 and over to open a bank account, debit card and mobile banking all on their own. Letting them embark on their digital money journey early and smoothly, the new K-eSavings account allows customers to use K Check ID verification at dtac Hall to open their account and obtain a free “Termsuk Plus” prepaid SIM.
The free SIM comes with 52 GB of complimentary internet, double top-up bonus up to 500 Baht, 20 minutes of free call to dtac numbers plus many more privileges from the dtac Reward loyalty program. Eligible customers can simply show their bank book or K PLUS app to receive their free SIM. This offer is also available to users who open a K-eSavings account via the K PLUS, allowing them to complete registration of their ID card with K Check ID at any dtac Hall (except at airports). Offer valid now until 25 December 2020 or until stock lasts.
Advanced Digital Services on the dtac App with Kasikorn Bank
dtac and Kasikorn Bank co-developed new digital services for all users to buy top-ups and pay bills on the dtac app with Kasikorn Bank Online Direct Debit or Pay with K PLUS:
- Buying top-ups or making payments is made simpler using just the dtac app and can be used even when there is no internet connectivity. Users can register to assign their Kasikorn Bank account under the dtac app menu and follow the instructions at: https://bit.ly/3oDDw8L
- Users can top-up or pay bills using dtac app, provided both apps are installed on the user’s mobile device. When making payments referencing the K PLUS account number, the system will open the K PLUS to request a PIN input then progress to a confirmation screen displaying details of the top-up or bill payment transferred directly from dtac app. The service can be found at https://bit.ly/34uTZUn
Special Promotion for Kasikorn Bank Online Direct Debit payment: 30 Baht bonus for 200 Baht or more top–up using dtac app from 16 September through 30 November 2020.
Mr. How Lih Ren, Chief Marketing Officer, Total Access Communication PCL or dtac, explained, “dtac found that youth aged 12 to 17 spend an average of 10 to 12 hours online. Our synergy with Kasikorn Bank to offer the dtac Termsuk SIM is much more than a prepaid SIM. In addition to great signal, great prices and great Jaidee services, the partnership brings advanced lifestyle services and e-banking. It reflects changing behaviors accelerated by social distancing and the increased use of digital services. Paying bills or buying top-ups is now much easier – no more keying in bank account numbers or opening separate apps.”
Mr. Amorn Suvachittanont, First Senior Vice President, Kasikorn Bank PCL, revealed, “Kasikorn Bank is the first bank to enable youth aged 12 and up to open bank accounts, debit cards and mobile banking services by themselves. Today’s children and youth are familiar with the internet and online life, thus enabling this age group to access electronic money services will contribute to building new digital money experiences such saving habits which will mature into financial literacy when they become adults. The synergy with dtac will support Thai youth’s greater access to financial services by offering the free Termsuk Plus SIM and bonus top-up. Their experiences are further enhanced with K Check ID verification at dtac Halls to open online savings account. Moreover, dtac customer can top-up or pay bills using dtac app with Online Direct Debit and Pay with K PLUS.. All these efforts are in line with Kasikorn Bank’s mission to become the best digital banking provider for all consumer groups.”