- Launch of 5G IoT Solutions at Thailand 5G Summit 2022
- 5G Experts Share Experiences on Digital Transformation at the Summit
June 15, 2022 – dtac is steadily introducing new 5G IoT technologies and 5G Private Network to support Thailand’s economic recuperation. In particular, the Company’s goal is to facilitate the digital transformation of the industrial sector by promoting Smart Factories, Smart Logistics, and Smart Utilities. Stakeholders in the manufacturing industry and other large enterprises are invited to discover the latest 5G trends at the Thailand 5G Summit 2022, organized by the Digital Economy Promotion Agency (DEPA). The event will be held 16-17 June 2022 on the 22nd floor of the Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Center, Central World, Bangkok.
Mr. Sadat Ibne Zaman, Chief Business Officer, Total Access Communication PLC or dtac, said, “Investing in 5G is key to the revitalization of the industrial sector, and it is essential today to transform digitally to support business recuperation. As an enabler of digitalization for the industrial and corporate sectors in Thailand, dtac believes that 5G is essential to unlocking Thailand’s full potential during this period of economic and tourism recuperation.”
According to a report from The Office of Industrial Economics (OIE), the Manufacturing Production Index (MPI) of April 2022 is up by 0.6 percent year-on-year which can be explained by the alleviation of the COVID-19 situation. Another contributor to the improved MPI is the automotive sector with a 12.82% rise related to domestic and export market growths. In addition, rising domestic agricultural produce prices and increased orders from overseas have also contributed to industrial economic growth thanks to ever larger exports and a reviving domestic market now that the borders are fully open to overseas visitors.
At the Thailand 5G Summit 2022 this week, dtac business will launch 5G IoT solutions for 3 core markets:
- Smart Factory Solutions: These will digitally transform factories and traditional or analog manufacturing processes with big data support. dtac solution developers can assess existing systems and develop digitalization plans with IoT capabilities to collect, analyze and monitor data in real-time and remotely improve efficiency, reduce operating costs, and conform with future digital platforms.
- Smart Logistics Solutions: These will transform warehousing and transporation, with IoT and smart sensors providing precise real-time monitoring of goods as they are transported, enabling businesses to track progress and improve security. Relevant data such as humidity and temperature can also be remotely monitored in real-time to ensure the quality of perishable goods.
- Smart Utilities Solutions: These will offer efficient, timely 5G-based processes for both water and energy management. Smart Water Management can remotely measure pH and chemical residue levels in wastewater as well as the water level in the wastewater pond in an industrial estate. The Smart Water Meter Reader enables online readings input and processing. For industries and factories, 5G Smart Energy Management enables significantly more efficient and reliable energy management, especially when used in conjunction with Smart Main Distribution Board (MDB). This can also prevent, mitigate and minimize power disruptions such as power brownouts, blackouts, surges, or overloads.
Furthermore, dtac business has introduced the 5G Private Network, an advanced security network for corporate clients to confidently step up into the digital era. The 5G Private Network features edge computing with flexible scalability to suit all corporate requirements and take advantage of technologies such as Massive IoT, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), and real-time data processing.
dtac is committed to helping revitalize industries sustainably through the use of 5G technologies, as well as optimizing ecosystem collaboration among government, businesses, and suppliers. dtac is ready to offer our advanced communication technologies, experiences, and expertise to move Thailand forward into the sustainable 5G era.